The prayer ministry of Faith Reformed Church invites you to engage in a daily life of prayer. It is our desire to stir up the hearts of the people of our congregation and community to prayer and a richer walk with the Lord. The bible tells us that we should “.. pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:16) and “…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests … always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” (Ephesians 6:18) for “…The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Pastor’s Prayer for this Week
Father in heaven, God of our Forefathers, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who am I to raise my voice in prayer to you? Yet I do it in obedience and in trust. I am your child in Christ. Have mercy on me, I plead. God of the covenant, help me to be faithful! Bless me again, Lord; and lead me into your perfect ways, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one God now and forever, Amen.
We have started a collection of Classic Prayers for you to meditate on. Please click here to access.
Message of the month: “Acting up before God is like dressing up for an X-ray.”
Here we are in August. Summer is fleeting but we still enjoy warm days. School will back in for all the children and teachers. Some people worry about things to come. As Christians we look to God’s guidance. Teach me, dear God, to not rush ahead, but to pray for Your guidance and to trust in You instead. Proverbs 19:11 reads: A man’s wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offence. Today do not worry. Worry is like riding a carousel: you keep going around, but you get nowhere.
We pray for each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. I have listed some familiar names to pray blessing on.
- Helen and Arden
- Eleanor and John
- Judy and Sterling
Thank you Heavenly Father for our church family.❤️
Talk to our Father and let Him hear your voice. Prayer is a privilege.
- Our church Faith Reformed Sunday services.
- Pastor Ricardo and Lilia as they have a time of rest and relaxation.
- All churches to stay united in brotherhood and love of the Lord. The glory to God alone!
- Family unity – pray together.
- Blessings on our family.
- Children in Faith Reformed and around the world.
- World hunger.
- Thankfulness for missionary work and workers. Bless those that spread the gospel around the world. Bless Ravee, Selvi and family (Christine, Calvin, Celestine and Caleb)
- Lord keep our children safe through the summer break.
- Single parents.
- Our music ministry and Diane, Sandy and Kaye.
- Those suffering with an illness or anxiety.
- Those who suffer with mental disorders.
- The elderly, for well being.
- Widows and widowers, and all in mourning a loved one’s loss.
- Lord give us insight into the needs of others and lead us to be a blessing to someone.
- Safety of all the olympians.
- Countries around the world in crisis (political or health wise) Afghanistan, India, Africa, Malaysia, China and Myanmar.
- Upcoming school year, students and teachers.
- Moms and dads to teach their children well. Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
- Praise God for prayers answered.
- For all suffering through the drought and extremes in heat out west.
- Bless farmers and their harvest.
- Bless our prayer group.
Family prayer is a precious time. Being together and then opening our heart to our Heavenly Father. I have a sample of a beautiful heartfelt prayer that all can share.
Lord I want to thank you for this precious family of mine. For the talents and good things that you have given each of us. Please keep us united, and our bond strong as the days pass. Please guide us, protect us, and equip us to do Your will each and every day. Thank You for all that You are, and all that You have given us.
Colossians 3:13 – “Bear with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgive each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive.”
Meditate on a scripture you may find in your bible that opens your heart. Matthew 12:36-37 – 36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.
My prayer for all is to love one another, respect and forgive. Remember God loves you always unconditionally and forgives our sins. Say a little prayer and all will be well.🙏
Pastor Ricardo has started a Prayer Meeting on Saturday mornings, twice a month (every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month) from 10 to 11 am. All are invited to come for this time of quietness and voluntary communal prayers (nothing else but prayers). You may come for an hour or for 10 minutes, and you may arrive late or leave before it ends. It’s all fine. That’s the idea.
A Faith Church Prayer Chain is organized that prayer concerns may be brought before the Lord by the congregation as a whole. Prayer concerns may be given to Nancy (contact information in the Church Directory) for inclusion in the Prayer Chain.